Monday 21 November 2011

20-11-11, Whitemoor Haye.

After a late night which didnt involve too much beer (this time) I was up early, threw the curtains open wide and hey presto, thick fog. An hour later including egg on toast and not much change. This morning was my only birding chance this weekend as worked all day Saturday, out Sunday afternoon and off barbel fishing on the Monday. Anyway I headed off with the dog and we had a quite chilly walk round. Birds noted were Blackbird, Robin, Black Headed Gull, Dunnock, Carrion Crow, Starling, Pied Wagtail, Chaffinch, Great Tit, Blue Tit, 98 Mute Swans from what I could see through the fog, Tree Sparrow I counted around 65 at the regular feeding area, Goldfinch, Linnet, Pheasant, Lesser Black-backed Gull, Wren, Woodpigeon, Magpie, 41 Golden Plover, Lapwing, Fieldfare, Redwing, Skylark, Mallard and Meadow Pipit. At the lake I could only see a solitary Tufted Duck.

No comments:

Post a Comment