Monday 3 January 2011

3-1-11, Whitemoor Haye.

Back to good old local patch work, no discussions on dodgy birds and indeed no birds. What? It was dead today. I set out from the old house and soon caught up with another chap walking around and the birding was very hard. I did end up with not a bad list but it was incredibly hard work. Birds noted were Blackbird, Dunnock, Redwing, Chaffinch, Wren, Carrion Crow, Wood Pigeon, Pied Wagtail, Canada Geese, Buzzard, Wigeon, Mallard, Fieldfare, Robin, Blue Tit, Mute Swan, Great Spotted Woodpecker, Yellowhammer, Linnet, Redshank, Reed Bunting, Skylark, Goldfinch, Siskin (site tick), Great Tit, Greenfinch, Tree Sparrow, Starling, Great Black-backed Gull, Black-headed Gull and lesser Black-backed Gull.
Very difficult today but was rewarded in the woodland near the quarry entrance with 3 Siskins which are my first for Whitemoor Haye.

3-1-11, Elford.

The Bewick's Swans are still hanging around so I thought I would catch up with them and add them to me year list. Birds seen were Mute Swan, Bewick's swan and Carrion Crow. Nice.

3-1-11. Croxall GP.

The last few days were catching up with me so as it was back to work tomorrow I ended the morning and todays birding here. Again, the birding was very slow and very hard but, again, patience payed off with some nice birds. Birds noted were Carrion Crow, Blackbird, Blue Tit, Canada Geese, Teal, Shoveler, Tufted Duck, Mallard, Gadwall, Coot, Greylag Geese, Wigeon, Grey Heron, Dunnock, Pintail, Fieldfare, Magpie, Wood Pigeon, Lapwing, Redwing, Great Crested Grebe, Reed Bunting, Bullfinch, Willow Tit, Goosander, Goldcrest and Treecreeper.
A very good opening weekend for me but I'm sure it will tail off. Hopefully not.

No comments:

Post a Comment