Monday 5 March 2012

2-3-12, Whitemoor Haye.

I managed to finish a little but early from work so I was at Whitemoor Haye for about 3.45 and the weather was very pleasant so I was looking forward to a decent walk around my local patch. I started around the pool and noted the following. Wren, Robin, Carrion Crow, 8 Tufted Duck, 32 Pochard, 2 Oystercatcher, Blue Tit, Great Tit, 58 Wigeon, Blackbird, Magpie, 14 Mallard, Canada Geese, Greylag Geese, a single Curlew which I first heard then saw flying out of a far field and headed south, Black Headed Gull, Dunnock, Lesser Black-backed Gull, a single Treecreeper in the wood by the pool, Goldfinch and a few Skylark starting to get territorial. Onto the lanes and I added 5 Grey Partridge, 139 Mute Swan, one Raven flying over, Pheasant, about 250 Golden Plover, about 200 Lapwing, Tree Sparrow, Yellowhammer, Chaffinch, Reed Bunting, 1 Little Owl, 2 Buzzard, Stock Dove, Starling, Fieldfare, Jackdaw, Rook, Moorhen, Pied Wagtail, Collared Dove, Song Thrush, 1 Corn Bunting and a few Greenfinch. On my way home I stopped at the quarry pool to see if I could add anything else and a pair of Teal were near the bank. An excellent couple of hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment