Monday 5 March 2012

3-3-12, Whitemoor Haye.

My last day of a 13 day run of working and I was pretty shattered (nothing to do with the late night curry and beers last night) but managed to drag myself around my patch after finishing work and what a difference a day can make. Yesterday I was walking around in a jumper but today it was woolly hat and fleece time. Birds noted around the pool area were Black Headed Gull, Carrion Crow, 12 Tufted Duck, 12 Mallard, 2 Oystercatcher, Lesser Black-backed Gull, about 100 Golden Plover flew over the pool before heading towards Croxall but another circa 525 were noted in other fields, 1 Cormorant, Wren and Linnet. On to the lanes and I added Pheasant, 170 Mute Swan, Blackbird, Stock Dove, 2 Grey Partridge, Pied Wagtail, Starling, about 2500 Woodpigeon flew out of a wood just beyond Sittles Farm, about 60 Lapwing, Robin, 1 Buzzard, 1 Grey Heron, Rook, Chaffinch, Tree Sparrow, 1 Little Owl, Yellowhammer, Skylark, 74 Fieldfare, 1 Redwing, Magpie, Song Thrush, Jackdaw and Great Tit.

Thats my birding done for the weekend as I have a fishing match tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment