Tuesday 14 May 2013

12-5-13

After a good night out in Burton On Trent drinking gorgeous real ale Saturday I was mainly going to chill but I was going to go out on my bike for a ride, that was until I opened my shed and I had a flat rear.  Over the last couple of weeks I have had three punctures, not fun.  Don't know if it is me putting the tubes in wrong or just some bad luck.  Whatever, I decided to repair the bike and give it a clean before chilling. 
Sunday I go my arse in gear and birdwatched!!!  First site was Whitemoor Haye and birds of note were Tree Sparrow, 1 Common Sands, 3 Oycs, 1 Dunlin, 3 Redshank, 2 Shelduck, 1 Sedge Warbler still, 1 Little Owl and several Whitethroats, Blackcaps yellow wags and Blackcaps. After a bit I was reminded it was WeBS day, doh.  A quick look around Croxall produced an aggressive fisherman, Chiffchaff, Sparrowhawk, quite a few Mallard, 3 Great Crested Grebes, 2 Oycs and 2 Common Terns.  A walk through the arboretum towards the other pits gave me a cuckoo in flight and Willow warbler and Blackcap.  Junction Pit had pretty much nothing apart from the odd Reed Warbler.  Just under the viaduct I can scan Croxall again, this time the are where the river has been widened and islands created.  Birds of note here included 2 LRP's, 1 Redshank, 1 Kingfisher and a Shelduck.
From here it was on to Alrewas GP and I noted Sedge Warbler, Reed Bunting, 2 Oycs, Willow Warbler and Chiffchaff. 
After the FA Cup, congratulations Wigan Athletic, I was bored so I had an hour at the pool at Whitemoor Haye.  Bird of note were Blackcap, Whitethroat, 4 Shelduck, 1 Oyc, 4 Dunlin, 1 Sanderling, 1 Ringed Plover, 1 LRP, 1 Common Sand and the now resident Sedge Warbler.

No comments:

Post a Comment