Saturday 27 July 2013

26-7-13, Whitemoor Haye.

With a nice day off I spent some of the afternoon walking around the local patch.  Birds of note included 50+ Goldfinch in several flocks, 3 Common tern, a couple of Yellow Wagtail including juveniles, 20+ Tree Sparrows, 1 Oyc, 2 only Mallards - the first I ducks I have seen here in a few visits, 3 Barnacle Geese still, 1 Common Sand, the Garden Warbler family, 1 Green Woodpecker, 1 Grey Partridge, 1 Redshank and a single Little Owl.

In the evening I was working at the local canal festival but had a quick look on Staffs Bird News and Birdguides and was surprised to hear of a Caspian Tern at Rudyard.  I was quite annoyed as I have not turned my pager on for a bit, that will teach me, and I was doing nothing and could have nailed it.  Bugger  Hopefully it will still be around on the Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment