Friday 11 March 2011

11-3-11, Whitemoor Haye.

A couple of hours of daylight left after work to do a bit of birding so me and the dog headed off to Whitemoor Haye (what a suprise). I was hoping to catch up with the odd migrant, mainly Wheatear. A few have been seen around the country and a Sand Martin flew through Belvide today. With eyes wide open I left the car near the big house and headed out but I didnt realise how windy it was until I was out in the open. This would have a big effect on the birds see andfor the first half of the walk that was the case but then as the main lane has a bit of shelter I the species started to come. Birds noted were Robin 8, Carrion Crow 93, Starlings, Lapwing 25, Wood Pigeon 1169 - three seperate groups of birds, two circa 300 and one circa 400 plus 69 others counted around the walk, Lesser Black-backed Gull 2, Sparrowhawk 1, Blackbird 9, Chaffinch 11, Reed Bunting 40+, Tree Sparrow 52, Yellowhammer 49+, Blue Tit 13, Canada Geese, Green Sandpiper 1, Linnet 37, Grey Heron 1, Mute Swan 29, Wren 2, Buzzard 1, Magpie 23, Fieldfare 21, Dunnock 1, Red-legged Partridge 1, Goldfinch 1, Jackdaw 2, Black-headed Gull 2, Stock Dove 1 and Rook 2. Onto the quarry pool and I could only add, in very choppy waters (or on the edge), Pied Wagtail 22, Tufted Duck 2, Oystercatcher 2, Wigeon 2 and a single Pochard.
Working all weekend but mind be able to find time after I have finished on Sunday to walk Whitemoor again.

No comments:

Post a Comment