Monday 14 March 2011

14-3-11, Update.

Ive already said that I was working over the weekend however a couple of bonus year birds crossed my path in the form of a Chiffchaff in Rugeley and a Grey Wagtail in Etruria.

Whitemoor Haye.

An early start equals an early finish which equals a bit of time for birding and Whitemoor was first. A walk around the lanes to begin with and I noted Woodpigeon, Long-tailed Tit, Blue Tit, Robin, Tree Sparrow, Skylark, Carrion Crow, Dunnock, Starling, Black-headed Gull, Stock Dove, Grey Heron, Lapwing, Pheasant, Buzzard, Little Owl, Blackbird, Mallard, Mute Swan 35, Lesser Black-backed Gull, Yellowhammer, Magpie, Chaffinch, Wren, Great Tit and Kestrel. Then it was a look over the quarry pool to end with. I added Reed Bunting, Pied Wagtail which I counted 31, Canada Geese, Greylag Geese, Wigeon and Tufted Duck.

Croxall.

With about an hour of light left I headed down the road to Croxall to see what was about. Birds noted on and around the main lake were Tufted Duck, Mallard, Starling, Fieldfare, Canada Geese, Goldfinch, Blue Tit, Chaffinch, Great Tit, Dunnock, Magpie, Long-tailed Tit, Goldeneye, Blackbird, Robin, Coot, Teal, Black-headed Gull, Wigeon, Oystercatcher, Redshank, Little Egret and a Song Thrush. Through to the east side and I could only add Rook, Lesser Black-backed Gull, Coirmorant, Greylag Geese and Woodpigeon. Heading back towards the car park and I also added Reed Bunting, Wren and a Grey Heron flew over the reserve as I loaded the car up.
I am hoping to do a bit of birding on Friday although I might be visiting the real ale festival in Burton. Might get messy!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment