Monday 6 June 2011

6-6-11, Alrewas GP.

As I worked Saturday I had today off so after doing a few things first thing I headed off from the house, walking dalong the A38 then I was at Alrewas pits. Birds noted were Robin, Black Headed Gull, Swift, Woodpigeon, Carrion Crow, Mute Swan, Mallard, Tufted Duck, Reed Warbler, Magpie, Chaffinch, Reed Bunting, Starling, Jackdaw, Coot, Lesser Black-backed Gull, House Martin, Pied Wagtail, Swallow, Long-tailed Tit, House Sparrow, Greenfinch, Stock Dove, Blue Tit, Chiffchaff, Mistle Thrush, Blackbird, Great Tit and Buzzard.

National Arboretum.

Onto the arboretum and birds noted were Song Thrush, Chaffinch, Willow Warbler, Swift, Black Headed Gull, Blue Tit, Common Whitethroat, Sand Martin, Swallow, Mallard, Oystercatcher, Wren, Starling, Carrion Crow, Garden Warbler, Grey Heron, Great Spotted Woodpecker, Long-tailed Tit, Sedge Warbler, Jackdaw, Reed Bunting, Blackbird, Pied Wagtail, Goldfinch, Yellowhammer and Stock Dove.

Junction Pit.

A quick scan over Junction Pit (where the water levels seems to be a bit higher of late) and I noted Reed Warbler, Willow Warbler, Reed Bunting, Canada Geese, Great Crested Grebe, Greylag Geese, Common Tern, Buzzard, Coot, Linnet and a couple of Tufted Duck.

Croxall Wides.

I was not going to go to Croxall today as I was a bit knackered and had to finish the arboretum before a slog around Whitemoor so I had a nice seat and a good scan around the river wides at Croxall. Birds noted were Canada Geese, Mute Swan, Oystercatcher, Sand Martin, Swift, Black Headed Gull, Grey Heron, Redshank, Starling, Common Tern, Little Ringed Plover, Common Sandpiper, Chaffinch, Lapwing, Coot and Shelduck.

I decided to knock Whitemoor on the head as I was too knackered so I went home and had a kip!

No comments:

Post a Comment