Saturday 13 April 2013

13-4-13

My first free Saturday in a long time and I had planned to catch up on a few birds missing off my year list however things did not go to plan.  I headed out to Whitemoor Haye at 07.30 for three hours and birds of note included 6 Mute Swan, 18 Mallard, 33 Tufted Duck, 20 Yellowhammer, 6 Redshank, 23 Wigeon, 8 Gadwall, 1 Pochard, 12 Swallow, 6 Teal, 4 Oystercatcher, 15 Tree Sparrow, 6 Grey Partridge, 1 Corn Bunting, 1 Little Owl, 1 Merlin and I heard a Willow Warbler too.  Not a bad session but after a hard week at work plus yesterdays bike ride I was quite shattered today.  Tomorrow I also have a fishing match so I decided to have a rest this afternoon and also sort out my tackle.

Below are the latest photos.
Meadow Pipit

 
Corn Bunting

Little Owl

Skylark

Brown Hare

Kestrel

No comments:

Post a Comment