Sunday 14 April 2013

14-4-13

WeBS count day today and I was errrr fishing!!! I had a winter league match but with forecasts not looking bad hopefully the fish will be feeding.  Well they were but the weather was horrible, blowing a gale constantly and several showers in the afternoon along with varying temperatures.  I had yet another crap day only catching three small roach.  My course fishing has severely gone down hill and my poor record for the winter league on a carp fishery is nil carp in five matches and for this reason I have decided not to partake in the last match this year or next winters matches, me and carp do not get on.  I have another summer match this Saturday on the Staffs and Worcester canal, hopefully this will go better, at least my pole is fixed.
Once home I decided to take the dog for a walk and head around Whitemoor Haye for the last hour and a bit and it didn't half pay off.  As soon as I parked up I could see lots of things on the edge of the pool near the entrance to the Whitemoor lakes centre and on checking them out with my bins they were wagtails, and lots of them.  I walked up closely and counted 30+ Pied Wagtail, 12 Yellow Wagtail and at least 6 White Wagtails, our continental friends.  Also mixed in with them were 3 Reed Buntings and 4 Mipits.  Other birds of note this evening were 30+ Mallard, 5 Teal, 2 Oystercatcher, 40+ Sand Marin, 30+ Swallows and 1 House Martin, 2 Oystercatchers, 18 Tufted Duck, 3 Pochard, 2 Gadwall, 1 Goldeneye, 38 Wigeon, several displaying Skylarks, 1 Redshank, 2 Grey Partridge, 1 Golden Plover and a few Yellowhammers and Tree Sparrows.  

No comments:

Post a Comment