Friday 28 February 2014

28-2-14

Well its been a rough couple of weeks.  On 12th Feb I woke up to some signs of a possible relapse of my MS, during the day it was pretty much confirmed however I was not able to get to hospital until 26th.  Since then I have still been pretty mobile but struggling with my balance and numbness however I managed on.

18-2-14, Chasewater.
I am rubbish with gulls but can usually to sort out the larger white winged birds but Caspian Gulls Ive got no chance.  Tonight was no different but I did manage an Iceland Gull, picked out a few Yellow-legged Gulls and a pair of Red-crested Pochard drifted past.

19-2-14, Whitemoor Haye.
Just a quick drive round the lanes and a look over the lake. About 100 Lapwing,   2 Oystercatcher, 9 Coot and 5 Mallard.  Not very exciting.

22-2-14, Whitemoor Haye.
An early visit before a mornings work.  23 Mallard, 1 Little Egret, 32 Coot, 2 Oystercatcher, 84 Wigeon, 14 Tufted Duck, 2 Goldeneye, 2 Cormorant, 2 Shelduck, 33 Lapwing, 3 Grey Heron, 8+ Tree Sparrow and several Skylarks and Yellowhammer.  It was a glorious morning and there was loads of Skylarks singing.  Cracking.

22-2-14, Gailey Reservoir.  The morning was spent putting up bat boxes but I did managed to spot the juvenile Great Northern Diver.

22-2-14, Chasewater.
I made a bit of an error today.  The weather was brilliant which I didn't plan, if I did I would have gone to North Wales as the sea would have been decent enough for Surf Scoter however I was having fun at Whitemoor Haye.  As the day went on the wind was strengthening and I was planning on doing Pensarn in the afternoon but the wind was ruining it so I decided to head for my third gull roost this year.  Although everything was reported later on I did not pick anything up interesting.

Health wise I was picking up and Monday hoping to cancel my hospital appointment.

23-2-14, Whitemoor Haye.
14 Tufted Duck, 20 Coot, 59 Wigeon, 23 Mallard, 66 Lapwing, 5 Goldeneye, 6 Cormorant, 2 Grey Partridge, 15+ Yellowhammer and 20+ Tree Sparrow.

23-2-14, National Arboretum.
Not a lot but there was a few Goldcrest around, loads of Redwings as usual and 2 Oystercatchers overhead.

23-2-14, Alrewas GP.
30 Tufted Duck, 6 Great Crested Grebe, 9 Coot, 4 Mute Swan, 9 Mallard, 1 Long-tailed Duck, 4 Wigeon, 2 Gadwall, 1 Scaup, 1 Oystercatcher, 4+ Chiffchaff and the single probable Siberian Chiffchaff.

23-2-14, Junction Pit.
1 Coot, 2 Mallard, 1 Grey Heron, 2 Tufted Duck, 1 Great Crested Grebe, 1 Mute Swan.

Today was not a lot of walking but I was absolutely knackered and my MS symptoms had come back with style.

26, 27, 28-2-14, Hospital.
It was decided I was to have some mega strength steroids pumped into me over the next three days.  Side effects have been pretty horrendous but I am writing this up having had my last dose.  I just need to catch up on some sleep which I have had none of since Tuesday, constant indigestion and sickness.  They are the side effects I can mention, I don't want to indulge in them all!!!!!!
However the good news is that my numbness is already disappearing but I am a bit wobbly so riding a bike is a no no.  next step is another MRI scan to check my brain, yep there is one in there as this is my third scan and then it looks like I am going to go on tablets.  Deep joy.

1 comment:

  1. HI STU SORRY YOU NOT BEEN WELL BUT LOOKS LIKE YOU HAVE DONE PLENTY OF BIRDING GREAT BLOG

    ROB THE BLOGGER

    ReplyDelete