Monday 10 February 2014

29-1-14

I own a property in North Wales and it had some issues so me and my maye went up to sort everything out but first we had to address the issue of my mate not having ever seen a Buff-bellied Pipit so it was off to Burton Marsh to get the bird for him. We were on site all of five minutes when someone found it amongst the Meadow Pipits.  Great to see again.
From here it was off to sort my property out and then we head for Pensarn near Abergele for some long lasting Surf Scoters.   Today they were not showing, plenty of Common Scoter but it was too choppy to find any Surfs.  From here it was off to Rhos-on-Sea for some Purple Sandpiper.  Sadly these were illusive and with the weather turning we headed home but as we approached Stoke the weather was picking up again.  With my mate never having seen a Lesser Scaup we headed for Tittesworth reservoir and the Lesser Scaup was showing on the opposite side to the car park.

No comments:

Post a Comment