Thursday 18 September 2014

W/C 15-9-14

This start of this week I was away on a mini golfing holiday, mini as in length of break not the type of golf!!  Anyway we were up in Shipley in South Yorkshire and during one of the nights I lay awake enjoying a Tawny Owl outside the bedroom window.  I enjoyed the hooting however my golfing mates were not too keen.  Every night it was pretty vocal and as I am known to like birds to them all, I was moaned at big time.  Get a life boys.  We also had several Red Kites flying over.The highlight was not the golf, that was pretty pathetic, but I found a gorgeous ale, Ilkley Gold.  Absolutely stunning.

I was home Wednesday night and Thursday I fancied a bit of birding and wanted to catch up on a couple of waders, one being on of my favourite birds.  The destination was Middleton Lakes RSPB.  Birds noted included Willow Tit, several Chiffchaff, Wigeon, loads of Gadwall, several Little Egret, at least 6 Ruff, a cracking male Whinchat, 2 Ringed Plover, Little Stint, Curlew Sandpiper (one of my favourite waders), Cetti's Warbler and at least 4 Hobbies, and great views too.

No comments:

Post a Comment