Thursday 7 January 2016

3rd January.

Last day and the forecast was not good so there was only one site to visit and that was Titchwell RSPB.  Pretty much the same birds as on January 1st but it was an enjoyable couple of hours until news of a bird I would have loved for the year list, a Pallid Harrier.  This bird had been showing in a field near Flitcham well before New Years Day but the it suddenly disappeared, no doubt leaving lots of listers disappointed.  Anyway, on arrival, the view had only been a flyby and there had been no sign for over an hour. An hour later there was still o sign and with the rains coming I headed back but not before adding a Brambling to my list.
With a pretty good trip home in constant rain it stopped as I approached the village so I decided to check out the patch, Whitemoor Haye,  The Whooper Swan was still present, a smart male Peregrine was sitting on a rock and then I was treated to a Merlin being pestered by some crows.  Yellowhammer, Tree Sparrow, and, amazingly, Tufted Duck were year ticks (yep, no tufties seen whilst in Norfolk).

No comments:

Post a Comment