Friday 23 July 2010

23-7-10, Whitemoor Haye.

After watching the dunken demise of Shadrack I headed off to Whitemoor Haye me dog. We had a steady walk around the rough track before having a look over the quarry pool. It was a lovely night with no wind but some very dark clouds heading my way. Nether the less I got round dry. Birds noted around the track were Swallow, Greenfinch, Carrion Crow, Jackdaw, Yellowhammer, Wood Pigeon, Linnet, Song Thrush, Common Whitethroat, Stock, Canada Geese, Blackbird, Corn Bunting, Rook, Buzzard, Blue Tit, Dunnock, Chaffinch, Swift, Grey Heron, Kestrel, Lesser Black-backed Gull, Wren, Magpie, Pheasant, Robin, Mallard and Reed Bunting. Heading back towards the car I had about eight Corn Buntings. They were making a very slight sound. I dont know whether it was an alarm call or adult and juveniles communicating. Very nice to watch them for a bit though. Will look up later. Over to the quarry pool and I added 15 to 20 Lapwing, 4 Common Sandpipers, Black-headed Gull and Mute Swan. Note no sign of any Quail.
On the way round I had a listen for ten minutes but nothing. Once I'd finished at the pool I went and had another twenty minutes but no sign tonight. Maybe tomorrow. Oh yes, some numpty has deposited his van load of waste all around the rough track. Thanks for that you codeye (yeah, as if he reads this!!!!!).

No comments:

Post a Comment