Tuesday 28 December 2010

28-12-10, Whitemoor Haye.

I think it has already been mentioned that I really enjoyed the recent cold spell. Everyone I know couldnt wait for it to end. Well it has, and its either raining or thick fog. I am writing this early Wednesday morning. I wanted a good days birding yesterday but it started to drizzle going around Whitemoor and then the fog came in. I had a call out late last night to Coventry and it was thick fog all the way. getting up this morning and it still fog and in Sky news it is hgere to stay till New Years Day at least. Even the weather girl said at least the fog will keep temperatures high!!! Absolute garbage, I would have -20c and be able to see anyday. To todays effort of birding and birds noted were Kestrel, Blackbird, Tree Sparrow, Lapwing, Black-headed Gull, Robin, Wood Pigeon, Carrion Crow, Dunnock, Lesser Black-backed Gull, Grey Partridge, Skylark, Buzzard, Wigeon heard calling from over the pits, Wren, Magpie, Blue Tit, Great Tit, Chaffinch, Redwing, 1 Green Sandpiper flying over, Yellowhammer, 231 Mute Swans, 1 Curlew, Goldfinch, Reed Bunting, Pheasant, Pied Wagtail, Meadow Pipit and a Redshank.
We will see what the rest of the week has to offer weather wise but its not looking top good.

No comments:

Post a Comment