Thursday 30 December 2010

30-12-10, Whitemoor Haye.

Oh well this is the last outing for the year. I wasn't bothered about going out today, things to do. However a few of the Bewick's Swans had gone missing from Elford/Fisherwick. As the Carrion Crow flies its minutes from Elford to Whitemoor and so I was hoping they had turned up on my patch. I headed on down, there was still some fog around so I decided to have a drive round and end up checking the Mute Swan flock. Birds noted were Blue Tit, Cormorant, Starling, Black-headed Gull, Lapwing, Blackbird, Magpie, Linnet, Robin, Pheasant, Green Sandpiper, Pied Wagtail, Stock Dove, Wood Pigeon, Meadow Pipit, Wren, 261 Mute Swans and 2 Whooper Swans., No Bewicks but the two Whooper Swans made up for them.
Tomorrow I am off to spend New Years Eve in a seedy motel just outside King's Lynn, all on my own. then up sharpish to get to Titchwell to start off 2011 with, hopefully, a bang.
Happy New Year to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment