Tuesday 3 September 2013

1-9-13

With work yesterday I was unaware of the presence of a North American wader not too far away from home.  A Stilt Sandpiper had located itself at neumanns Flash near Northwich but I didn't look at my pager till I was at Whitemoor Haye.  Collins you plonker. No beer Saturday night and by 06.30 I was on the way to Cheshire.  I was on site around 08.00 but although I had been here before for something I didn't know where the flash was so guess who started off walking the wrong way.  Yep, me.  Now I am having a few problems with my phone, it turns on only when it wants too.  Fortunately I got it working, checked a map and soon saw the error of my ways, turned round and I was soon watching the flash from a path and before long I found a small wader on the edge of a small spit with loads of gulls, a Stilt Sandpiper, a lifer for me.  It was a kind of plump looking bird but constantly remained feeding in the water and did not show its long looking legs or fly.  There was also a couple of Ruff around too and not much else.
From Neumanns Flash I decided to head back around home and popped into Blithers for a chance of a Little Stint.  I mainly walked along Admaston reach to Blithe bay and noted loads of LRP's, at least 6 Ringed Plovers, 7+ Dunlin, lots of Yellow Wags, 3 Greenshank, 1 Ruff, a smart Whinchat, and a single Osprey.
Last stop for the day was Whitemoor Haye and not a lot was still present.  2 Little Egrets, a Greenshank, and a few Tree Sparrows.  Golly!!!!

On a positive front my laptop is now operational so hopefully I can start brightening up this blog with photos.

1 comment: