Tuesday 3 September 2013

31-8-13, Whitemoor Haye.

Well it doesn't really get any better but I still find myself standing in the quarry entrance with the crappy warning from the security cameras telling me I have been identified as an intruder and scanning the shores hoping for waders and still very little is happening and, most probably, not going to happen.  This week has been affected with a lot of disturbance around the lake as I have been down there several times and people have been wondering around the shorelines during the evenings.  Croxall is pretty poor currently however it could be better place or a bird to take refuge than Whitemoor Haye.
Birds noted were 13 Mallard, several Yellow Wagtail, 2 Greenshanks (the only bright light), a juvenile Great Crested Grebe, a female Sparrowhawk, a couple og Grey Partridge calling and several Tree Sparrows and Common Whitethroats.

No comments:

Post a Comment