Sunday 26 January 2014

18-1-14

Tittesworth Reservoir.
A Lesser Scaup had been found at this north Staffs reservoir.  I have seen a few L Scaups in my time but never one in Staffs so I had to go and see this bird.  A few pictures on tinternet have shown the bird showing close from the car park, I was looking forward to trying my new (well second hand) PL DMC LX3 camera replacing my old one that expired on Xmas day after my bike fell over in a flood.  I arrived on site and a few birders were enjoying the Lesser Scaup however it was on the far side of the resi from the car park. Typical.  I did take a few photos of some Lesser Redpolls on the nearby feeders and also spotted few Common Gulls on the resi.

Whitemoor Haye.
The rest of the day was spent at the local patch.  18 Tufted Duck, 34 Wigeon, 3 Goldeneye, 1 Coot, 2 Mute Swan, Lapwing and Golden Plover, and 2 Grey Partridge

No comments:

Post a Comment