Sunday 26 January 2014

26-1-14.

Coleshill, Warwickshire.
The forecast today was pretty awful in the morning getting slightly better in the afternoon.  I had already planned something in the morning but I was hoping positive news would come out of Coleshill whilt I was busy and mid morning came news of its presence.  By 12.30 I was on site, people were milling about, not good.  It was last heard 20 minutes earlier and about 20 minutes after I had been on site someone waved the crowd over and I heard the bird call several times.  Another 20 minutes past and I changed location due to the sun shining in our face and this proved to be a good choice.  The bird was seen again and I managed to see the bird as it made its way through the undergrowth.  I had seen my first HUMES YELLOW BROWED WARBLER, I was elated.  It then disappeared for a long time and during this time the growing crowd were dodging the heavy showers.  Mid afternoon saw the sun come out and as myself and a couple of fellow bloggers walked down the muddy path the bird called next to us before flying in to a tree.  Great views were had and then it went mad.  It showed and called as it flew a hundred yards along the path.  It eventually hung around in deep bramble and I hung around a bit longer before deciding to head off and check my local patch.  A great little bird.

Whitemoor Haye.
I wanted to check out WH before the end of the weekend.  600+ Lapwing, 3 Wigeon, 3 Goldeneye (2 drakes), 6 Mallard and 4 Redshank around the lake and a few Yellowhammer were down the lanes.

Fradley.
The end of the day was spent checking a few swans I had seen this morning whilst out on an early morning bike ride.  28 Mute Swans were present but don't mock, last year a hundred + swans were present and one day I found a Bewick's Swan with them.  I think they are worth checking through anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment