Friday 3 January 2014

3-1-14, Swithland Reservoir

I really wanted to get some work done today so I spent most of the day rubbing down and welding together my old trailer I decided to repair.  What a mistaker to maker.
There has been a Black-throated Diver at Swithland Reservoir for sometime now, a bird which I did not get last year and a site I have never been to.  I was meant to have a go over the holidays and when a message on the pager saying it was showing well off the dam I just had to go I collected my mate and 90 minutes later we were on site.  By this time it was about 15.30 and chucking it down and blowing a gale.  Then rain soon stopped and the diver was found in the middle of the reservoir, hardly showing well.  Nearby were 3 out of the 4 Scaup that had also been present some time, bonus, then we lost the diver for 5 minutes but it soon reappeared right next to the dam.  Cracking.  A few more year ticks were collected and we went home happy.
The best I could get on a darkening and rainy late afternoon but worth going to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment