Sunday 20 February 2011

19-2-11, Whitemoor Haye.

I was very tempted to go for the Oriental Turtle Dove which is gracing Chipping Norton with its presence but a few things put me off, mainly the hoards of birders which would be there and what sounds like rubbish parking and also I came down with a stinker of a cold on Friday night so all I managed was a trek around the lanes at Whitemoor and after this I was really tired. The weather in the morning was rubbish and it was meant to be better in the afternoon. The only change from the mornings rain was less heavier rain. With this and the fact that when I got to Whitemoor I noticed I had forgot to put my tripod in the car, the birding was going to be tough. Birds noted around the lanes were Carrion Crow, Magpie, Robin, Blackbird, a good flock of around 600 to 700 Lapwing, Woodpigeon, Black-headed Gull, Tree Sparrow, 3 Grey Heron, Canada Geese, Chaffinch, Reed Bunting, Yellowhammer, Wren, Mallard, 115 Mute Swan, Mistle Thrush, Starling, Dunnock, Song Thrush, Pied Wagtail, Cormorant and one singing Skylark. On to the pool and there was not a lot to add, only Pochard and Wigeon.

No comments:

Post a Comment