Saturday 26 February 2011

25-2-11, Chasewater CP.

On Friday I finish at 16.00 and last week I was going to head over to Chasewater for the gull roost but I was not to well. This week I was feeling better so I was there for about 16.40, got myself in position and started scanning the white dots on the small puddle. The Iceland Gull had been reported all week so I was really hoping it wouldnt decided to roost at Blithfield like it did on my last visit. Birds noted were Mallard, Coot, Mute Swan, Canada Geese, Carrion Crow, Black-headed Gull, Great Crested Grebe, Lesser Black-backed Gull, Pied Wagtail, Herring Gull, Common Gull, Tufted Duck and the good old Iceland Gull flew in shortly after 17.00. I hung around for a little bit after but with my main bird seen, I was gone by 17.10 to get the car ready for the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment