Monday 19 December 2011

17-12-11, Local gravel pits

Wow, my first proper weekend off in months so birding was right on the menu and I had a plan. Adding Black Redstart to the year list would be nice so I was going to Gailey and then Belvide before back to local birding however before I was due to head off I popped down to the local shops to get a birthday card for my Godson and I could hardly stand up, the pavements were sheer ice and the roads were not much better. My mom walks the dog around Whitemoor Haye and she soon returned as the roads were like skating rinks. This and also I had an issue with the brakes on my car I decided to change my plans and stay local. I dont want to bore you with too much detail so will list the birds per site.

Alrewas GP - Long-tailed Tit, Robin, Goldfinch, Mute Swan, Teal, Tufted Duck, Great Crested Grebe, Carrion Crow, Blackbird, Fieldfare, Black Headed Gull, Great Tit, Woodpigeon, Pochard, Moorhen, Wren, Grey Heron, Mallard, Goldeneye, Chaffinch, Redwing, Coot, Little Grebe, Greylag Geese, Pied Wagtail, Dunnock, Magpie.

National Arboretum - Buzzard, Great Tit, Fieldfare, Woodpigeon, Great Spotted Woodpecker, Long-tailed Tit, Lesser Redpoll, Blue Tit, Chaffinch, Pied Wagtail, Grey Heron, Goldfinch, Treecreeper, Linnet, Goldcrest, Mallard, Canada Geese, Wren, Magpie, Pheasant, Moorhen, Carrion Crow, Mute Swan, Redwing, Dunnock.

Junction Pit - Cormorant, Pied Wagtail, Wren, Great Tit, Grey Heron, Bullfinch, Mallard, Teal.

Whitemoor Haye - Fieldfare, Carrion Crow, Blackbird, Redwing, Goldfinch, Chaffinch, Long-tailed Tit, Robin, Black Headed Gull, Tufted Duck, Wigeon, Great Crested Grebe, Pochard, Magpie, Mallard, Canada Geese, Bullfinch, Pheasant, Woodpigeon, Buzzard, Blue Tit, Starling, Grey Partridge, Lapwing, Dunnock, Tree Sparrow, Yellowhammer, Mute Swan, Jackdaw, Golden Plover, Lesser Black-backed Gull, Stock Dove, Linnet, Pied Wagtail, Wren.

No comments:

Post a Comment