Monday 23 January 2012

22-1-12, Whitemoor Haye.

Today I had planned to visit a few sites but I had not taken into consideration the weather. It was pretty blowy at home but after loading up the dog and arriving at the quarry pool it was an absolute gail. I had a scan through the ducks on the pool but they kept disappearing behind huge waves and at one point it blew my scope over but no damage. Birds noted on the pool and around the area were Starling, Lesser Black-backed Gull, 13 Mute Swan, Canada Geese, Greylag Geese, about 1000 Lapwing, Teal, Wren, Mallard, Wigeon, Carrion Crow, Woodpigeon, Robin, Goldeneye, Tufted Duck, Greenfinch, Goldfinch, Bullfinch, Long-tailed Tit, Blue Tit, Great Tit, Buzzard, Great Spotted Woodpecker, Black Headed Gull and Chaffinch. Onto the very windy lanes and I could only add about 250 Golden Plover, a single Great Black-backed Gull, Dunnock, Skylark and Blackbird. I cannot remeber the last time it happened but I gave up birding after reaching the swans when I couldn't hold the bins steady enough to count the swans. It was not very enjoyable so I went home.

No comments:

Post a Comment