Wednesday 20 October 2010

16-10-10, Whitemoor Haye.

After a bit of a lie in and a few jobs I eventually dragged myself around the lanes. Birds noted were Kestrel, Tree Sparrow, Chaffinch, Starling, Carrion Crow, Skylark, Wood Pigeon, Jackdaw, Dunnock, Green Sandpiper, Mute Swan 22 only as big machinery was ploughing nearby and these flew off minutes later, Black-headed Gull, Robin, Goldfinch, Blue Tit, Buzzard, Magpie, Yellowhammer, Lesser Black-backed Gull, Pheasant, Lapwing, Linnet, Stock Dove, Blackbird, Reed Bunting and Mallard. Onto the pool and I added 3 Pochard, 2Tufted Duck and 6 Great Crested Grebe. Again this area was being disturbed by a big tractor mowing the grass around the pool.

16-10-10, Fradley Village Pond.

I have visited this site once before, during the summer, and also Mr Blurred Birder has, I believe, been here. It is situated just north of the small complex of shops in Fradley south and in between the village and the giant Tesco distribution centre. Last time I visited here I only walked around the lake but after reading Blurred's blog I had a wander. Birds noted were Black-headed Gull, Goldfinch, Mute Swan, Dunnock, Mallard, Tufted Duck, Coot, Pochard, Blackbird, Buzzard, Carrion Crow, Blue Tit, Skylark, Long-tailed Tit, Wood Pigeon, Great Tit, Robin, Wren, Pied Wagtail, Bullfinch, Snipe, Grey Heron, Meadow Pipit, Wheatear, Kestrel, Magpie, Lesser Black-backed Gull, Moorhen and House Sparrows. Well worth the wander and definately worth coming back.

No comments:

Post a Comment