Saturday 16 October 2010

15-10-10, Belvide Reservoir.

After an enforced absent (at my favorite time of year too!!), I am back and I decided to head over to Belvide. I was there just after dawn and, although nothing special around, I had a nice morning with plenty of species. Birds noted were Great Spotted Woodpecker, Wren, jay, Nuthatch, Carrion Crow, Blackbird, Robin, Wood Pigeon, Blue Tit, Jackdaw, Black-headed Gull, Pied Wagtail, Pheasant, Teal, Mute Swan, Tufted Duck, Coot, Cormorant, Pochard, Mallard, Goldeneye, Reed Bunting, Lesser and Great Black-backed Gull, Magpie, Dunnock, Great Tit, Willow Tit, Chaffinch, Swallow, Rook, Goldfinch, Long-tailed Tit, Meadow Pipit, Tree Sparrow, Coal Tit, Lapwing, Fieldfare, Skylark, Canada Geese, Wigeon, Shoveler, Starling, Buzzard, Gadwall, Greylag Geese, Grey Heron, Golden Plover, Peregrine, Rock Pipit (year tick), Goldcrest, Bullfinch, Collared Dove and Greenfinch. Nice.

15-10-10, Whitemoor Haye.

I was going to go to Blithfield afterwards but a) I was going mainly for the Rock Pipit which I got at Belvide, and b) I am a bit knackered after the previous weeks decorating. A quick visit home for food and the dog and I was soon at Whitemoor. A walk around the roads got me Goldfinch, Wood Pigeon, Jackdaw, Carrion Crow, Magpie, Meadow Pipit, Pheasant, Grey Partridge, Mute Swan 80, Canada Geese, Linnet, Blue Tit, Wren, Black-headed Gull, Lesser Black-backed Gull, Blackbird, Fieldfare, Starling, Stock Dove, Kestrel, Chaffinch, Skylark, Grey Heron, Cormorant, Buzzard, Yellowhammer, Mallard and a very nice Merlin first chasing a Meadow Pipit before the hunter became the hunted when a Carrion Crow had a go at it. Onto the quarry pool and I added Pied Wagtail, Great Crested Grebe (I didn't count them but there was at least 15, loads for here), Wigeon 2, Coot, Pochard and Tufted Duck.

No comments:

Post a Comment