Monday 27 September 2010

27-9-10, News

I learn things everyday. When I was birding at Whitemoor on Saturday I noted that no Swallows were seen. Was that it and what made them go? I read a local birding blog (clues are there) where it mentioned the strong north westerleys we were having, aiding the hirundines. Simple really but I just didn't think about it. I was working for most of Sunday so no birding. a dog walk out tonight through Whitemoor and I was a little suprised to see a single Swallow flying over the fields. Thinking about what Richard had mentioned, had this bird missed the oppurtunity? Was it a juvenile getting ready for the long flight? We will never know but safe journey friend.

I have nearly finished a mammoth 20 days at work, plus an evening job with no time off. I have a small event on Saturday and that is it. I could go to Spurn or Flamborough, or even go for the Yellow-bellied Warbler. Great, I need to go somewhere as I am missing Norfolk this year. Then I had an email reminding me I am on call from Friday. Oh well, local birding resumes at the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment