Wednesday 8 September 2010

5-9-10, Whitemoor Haye.

After a long day yesterday, I was up suprisingly early, earlier than I should have been. My plan today was easy. Nothing. sit, sit and a bit more sitting but the dogs needed a walk so it was off to Whitemoor. Birds noted were Magpie, Wood Pigeon, Wren, Robin, Lapwing, Lesser Black-backed Gull, Jackdaw, Black-headed Gull, Carrion Crow, Stock Dove, Canada Geese, Linnet, Dunnock, Mallard, Mute Swan, Sparrowhawk, Blue Tit, Chaffinch, Great Spotted Woodpecker, Kestrel, Corn Bunting, Blackbird, Herring Gull, Yellowhammer, Common Whitethroat, Pied Wagtail, Yellow Wagtail, Swallow and Starling. That was around the rough track. at the lake I added Grey Heron, Greenshank, Sand Martin and House Martin. A nice start to a hopefully chilled out day.

A big break of doing nothing in between.

5-9-10, Branston Water Park.

I did a very good job of doing nothing for most of the day. the dogs need a walk and I fancied somewhere different so I headed for Branston Water Park. I have not been here this year yet so i was overdue a visit. Unfortunately it was very quiet considering it was early evening. Birds noted were Canada Geese, Mallard, Moorhen, Mute Swan, Coot, Great Crested Grebe, Tufted Duck, Wood Pigeon, Carrion Crow, Swallow, Gadwall, Blue Tit, Cormorant, Goldfinch, Magpie, Blackbird, Long-tailed Tit and Wren. Very poor list for here. There was an apparent lack of small birds.

No comments:

Post a Comment