Thursday 9 September 2010

9-9-10, Whitemoor Haye, 05.30.

If this post was titled it would be called 'The morning after the night before.' After getting up really early to walk the dogs I had parked my car up by half five and had a quick walk to where the shrike was showing last night. I was entertained with several Grey Partridges doing their calls which remind me of an old 35mm camera winding on. As daylight broke I was slowly joined by other birders anmd we all scoured the hedges for the bird. by 07.45 I left with no other sighting and no sighting throughout the day. It had gone. Other birds noted in this short session were Canada Geese, Lesser Black-backed Gull, Common Whitethroat, Dunnock, Blue Tit, carrion Crow, lapwing, tree Sparrow, Linnet, Swallow, Reed Bunting, Great Tit and Pheasant. A Hobby and a Whinchat were seen during the day. nice.

Well thats it. I have found a stunning bird. theres nothing I can do now. Ebay tomorrow for my birding equipment and then I will start looking for a new hobby for me to master.............................yep, I'm kidding.

9-9-10, Whitemoor Haye.

There was no way I was going to sit at home and watch tv, as soon as I was home me and the dogs were out for a very slow and deliberate walk around the track in the very faint hope the shrike might show. Birds noted were Jackdaw, Lesser Black-backed Gull, Magpie, Carrion Crow, Wren, Dunnock, Robin, Wood Pigeon, Collared Dove, tree Sparrow, Chaffinch, Linnet, Black-headed Gull, Mute Swan, Stock Dove, Blue Tit, Mallard, Kestrel, Great Tit, Pheasant and Reed Bunting. Over to the quarry pool and I added Pied and Yellow Wagtail. Well no Shrike but what a couple of days.

No comments:

Post a Comment