Sunday 19 September 2010

18-9-10, Whitemoor Haye.

As previously mentioned, I was working today therefore at the beginning of the week I cancelled my seat on the pelagic trip from Bridlington. No sooner I had done that when I phone call came and asked if I would do on call for another week. Might as well I thought as I was working anyway. Half an hour later and a phone call to cancel the planned event for Saturday. Having forgot what had happened previously, I recieved another phone call to cancel the planned event on Saturday. Great I can go on the pelagic. Superb. I then remebered I had agreed on call and I couldnt find anyone to do it for me. I was not meant to be on that pelagic and (I am writing this on Sunday morning) as they saw a probable Belaeric Shearwater that just sums my luck up. I am thinking of putting all of my on call dates on the blog. When I am on call birding seems to pick up. Back to the blog and I only had the first thing in the morning to bird. A walk around the rough track at Whitemoor produced Wood Pigeon, Collared Dove, Robin, Wren, Swallow, Carrion Crow, Pied Wagtail, Jackdaw, Duynnock, Lapwing, Canada Geese, Black-headed Gull, Magpie, Sparrowhawk, Lesser Black-backed Gull, Blue Tit, Tree Sparrow, Chaffinch, Meadow Pipit, Skylark, Long-tailed Tit, Great Tit, Yellowhammer, Linnet, Pheasant, mallard, Kestrel, Blackbird, Mute Swan, House Martin and Starling. Not a bad list considering it was really quiet and only a couple of species were numerous, the rest were very shy this morning. As usuall a quick look at the quarry pool which was blinding with a bright low sun but I added Tufted Duck and 8 Great Crested Grebe. Not brilliant but a nice gentle start.

18-9-10, Croxall GP.

With time to spare I drove straight round to Croxall. A walk up to the main Hide produced Robin, Blue Tit, Long-tailed Tit, Great Tit, Chaffinch, Dunnock, Mallard, Canada Geese, Moorhen, Black-headed Gull, Coot, Lapwing, Magpie, Kestrel, Meadow Pipit, Swallow, Wood Pigeon, Tufted Duck, Long-tailed Tit, Lesser Whitethroat, Cormorant, Starling, Great Crested Grebe, Teal, Wren and Sand Martin. Through to the east side and I added Goldfinch, Rook, Greenfinch, Common Whitethroat, Bullfinch, House Martin, Meadow Pipit and a single Little Egret. Back to the car and I added a single Redshank. Nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment