Friday 29 October 2010

25-10-10, Whitemoor Haye.

I had booked this day Monday off and my plan was to do some local pits. that was until I was drafted in completely destroying my bathroom at home ready for a brand new walls, ceiling and suite. deep joy, I did manage Whitemoor first thing and noted Magpie, Tree Sparrow, Starling, Carrion Crow, Blackbird, Pied Wagtail, Robin, Meadow Pipit, Lapwing, Chaffinch, Jackdaw, Reed Bunting, Black-headed Gull, Mute Swan, Wood Pigeon, Blue Tit, Dunnock, Grey Partridge 14, Skylark, Wren, Buzzard, Yellowhammer, Pheasant, Song Thrush, Mistle Thrush, Redwing and Fieldfare. I did try to find the Whooper Swan but I was about two hundred metres away from reaching the lane where you could see the birds and the local farmer must have took a disliking to the flock as he ran up to them waving a red flag to get rid of them, and get rid of them he did. Thanks for that. I also stopped off at the quarry lake but couldnt distinguish any birds as the sun was so low and bright on the water but I could see 20+ ducks.

No comments:

Post a Comment