Monday 5 August 2013

2-8-13, Whitemoor Haye.

After some heavy rains in the area I headed down mid evening to check out if anything had took refuge on site. When I arrived Tom 'tame valley' Perrins was already on site and had counted 6 Common Sands, that was not a bad increase.  I had a look and a count and got 7 Common Sands, ideal.  Other birds of note included the 4 Shelduck juveniles still, 82 Lapwing, 7 Common Tern including 2 juveniles, 2 Oycs, Yellow Wagtail and a Grey Partridge.  I was on site until dusk and bingo, I founda small wader on the far bank but it. Was starting to get dark and getting a bit windy and couldn't get a proper id on th bird but it was very small, about a quarter to a fifth of the size of a Lapwing, was quite a dark bird with dark buff underparts. I was only On it for 20 seconds or so when it flew, which I managed to watch for a few seconds before losing it but I could see no pattern or any white on the wings and looked long tailed. Pass!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment