Monday 5 August 2013

29-7-13, Whitemoor Haye, Blithers and back to Whitemoor Haye.

A bit of a bonus day out and with the weather looking ok apart from the odd storm I fancied Blithfield however I had to pop to work mid morning so the first couple of hours were spent at Whitemoor Haye.  Birds of note were 1 Common Sand, 3 Barnacle Geese, the Garden Warbler family, the juvenile Green Woodpecker, 1 Little Owl and a few Tree Sparrows.
In the afternoon I was at Blithers and I concentrated on Tad Bay, Blithe Bay and then Admaston Reach before retiring due to heavy rain. Birds of note were 15 plus Common Tern, 24 Dunlin, 7 Common Sands, 2 Oycs, me and a couple of birders located the Caspian Gull, many LRP's, 1 Ringed Plover, several Goosanders, 3 Greenshank and 1Little Gull.  A quality session.
On the way home I decided to spend the last hour at Whitemoor Haye as the rains had passed. birds of note were 2 Common Tern, 3 Barnacle Geese, 11 Lapwing, 2 Common Sands, 4 Yellow Wags and 4 Oycs.

No comments:

Post a Comment