Sunday 22 August 2010

22-8-10, Alrewas GP.

A bit of an unusual move but I was meeting someone at Whitemoor so I had a quick flick around this site. This morning I didn't do it service. There were birds everywhere and I could of done with loads of time here. Birds noted were Robin, Wood Pigeon, Mute Swan, Great Tit, Coot, Tufted Duck, Magpie, Swallow, Reed Bunting, Blue Tit, Long-tailed Tit, Collared Dove, Greenfinch, Pied Wagtail, Starling, Mallard, Black-headed Gull, Chiffchaff, Goldfinch, Canada Geese, Blackbird, Green Sandpiper, Cormorant, Sedge Warbler, Willow Warbler, Lapwing and Chaffinch.

22-8-10, Whitemoor Haye.

I met up with a birder from Tamworth today who wanted to walk around Whitemoor with me and sample its delights. Unfortunately it was nothing near as good as yesterday. Birds noted were Swallow, Wood Pigeon, Carrion Crow, Robin, Stock Dove, Linnet, Pied Wagtail, Magpie, Lesser Black-backed Gull, Common Whitethroat, Blue Tit, Tree Sparrow, Greenfinch, Kestrel, Blackbird, Dunnock, Swallow, Yellowhammer, Jackdaw, Skylark and Yellow Wagtail an adult and quite a few juveniles in between the stubble. A nice walk and a change from birding alone. I was going to stop at the quarry pool as I left but the sun was low and bright and bouncing straight off the pool so I left it maybe for later.

22-8-10, Back garden.

I did a few more jobs around the house and was pretty knackered. As things are starting to drift south I spent an hour in the garden having my lunch and noting what I saw land in the garden and also fly/drift over. Birds noted were 5 Wood Pigeon, 3 Collared Dove, 1 Sparrowhawk, 1 Wren, 6 Little Brown Jobs, 20 Swallow, 4 Starling, 2 Goldfinch, 3 House Martin, 2 Carrion Crow, 1 Greenfinch, 1 Magpie, 2 Robin, 2 Jackdaw, 2 Lesser Black-backed Gull, and 1 Blackbird.

22-8-10, Alrewas GP.

After watching a great game of footy between Man Utd and Fulham I decided to head out on my bike and try the local pits. I decided to have a longer mooch around this site as first thing this morning was alive with birds. Wouild it be as good tonight? No, not really. Birds noted were Lapwing, Blackbird, Carrion Crow, Mute Swan, Swallow, Wood Pigeon, Robin, Long-tailed Tit, Mallard, Sparrowhawk, Buzzard, Blue Tit, Collared Dove, Great Tit, Black-headed Gull, Starling, Pied Wagtail, Common Sandpiper, Green Sandpiper, Linnet and lesser Black-backed Gulls.

22-8-10, National Arboretum.

This is were it all goes pear shaped. I entered the arboretum and headed over to the Junction Pit noting Buzzard, Swallow and Wood Pigeon on the way. I got to the Junction Pit.

22-8-10, Junction Pit.

On arrival I could hear lots of gulls. I crept along the hedgerow and could see Black-headed Gulls and Lesser Black-backed Gulls on the sand including a couple of hundred Lapwing. I also added Linnet, Swallow, Mallard and Canada Geese to the list. Then as I was enjoying myself the phone went and I had to go to a call out at work. Oh well thats the way it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment