Sunday 8 August 2010

8-8-10, Whitemoor Haye.

After getting up at five, driving to Somerset and then driving back, getting home about ten, I was knackered. This and having a busy week off led me o having a very lazy day on Sunday. And even if I wanted to go and see the Baird's Sandpiper I didn't have a car anyway. I did manage to get out to walk the dog so Whitemoor Haye was my destination. Birds noted were Swallow, Starling, Robin, Linnet, Carrion Crow, Wood Pigeon, Jackdaw, Tree Sparrow, Kestrel, Common Whitethroat, Greenfinch, Buzzard, Goldfinch, Chiffchaff, Wren, Blue Tit, Blackbird, Chaffinch, Dunnock, Yellowhammer, Skylark, Rook, Great Spotted Woodpecker and Magpie. At the pool I added Black-headed Gull, Mallard, Canada Geese, Lesser Black-backed Gull, Herring Gull and Common Sandpiper. Half way around the rough track I started hearing a lot of squarking in the air and looking up I counted 7 Buzzards. I assume the noise was coming from juveniles (or maybe the female!!!!). I have a funny feeling I am on call the weekend coming so stuck to local birding again.

No comments:

Post a Comment