Monday 9 August 2010

9-8-10, Whitemoor Haye.

Nothing worth watching on TV and the dog needed walking so it was a walk around the lanes at Whitemoor Haye. It was a very blustery evening and birds were hard to come by. Birds noted were Carrion Crow, Swallow, Wood Pigeon, Black-headed Gull, Stock Dove, Lesser Black-backed Gull, Magpie, Kestrel, Linnet, Common Whitethroat, Blue Tit, Lapwing, Canada Geese, Greylag Geese, 2 feral Barnacle Geese (if it was winter I would have been excited seeing a few hundred geese on the stubble fields but as it is only August I only had the briefest of looks), Yellowhammer, Jackdaw, Rook, Robin, mallard, Dunnock, Pheasant, Tree Sparrow and Greenfinch. I stopped off at the lake to see what was still around in the fading light and I added 3 Greenshank, Herring Gull, Yellow-legged Gull site tick for me, Great Crested Grebe and a noisy Blackbird. There are now lots of gulls roosting over night, around the 500 mark. A couple of Franklin Gull possibles but they are distant and its just a dream really. However I picked out my first Yellow-legged Gull for this site. It was standing side on and the legs showed well against the Herring Gulls present.

No comments:

Post a Comment