Friday 13 May 2011

12-5-11, Coombes Valley RSPB.

A bit of a brucey bonus today, I had a meeting with RSPB and others at Coombes Valley, a place I have never been to. as I dipped on Pied Flycatcher on Cannock Chase last weekend I was quite excited as they were present here too. After a fruitful meeting (about Himalayan Balsam if you are interested), I had time for a small walk and was pointed out where to go for this cracking beauty. Within ten minutes I was staring at a nest box and another ten minutes passed a male Pied Flycatcher perched on a branch before heading to the nest box. result. I even managed a couple of photos though nothing special, another first. Double result. Then it was back to the van and home. Other birds noted on this very brief visit were Chaffinch, Chiffchaff, Willow Warbler, Wren, Carrion Crow and Blackbird.

No comments:

Post a Comment