Friday 27 May 2011

26-5-11, Choseley Barns.

I have never birded in Norfolk during the spring/summer months and so not used to long hours of daylight for birding. I skipped breakfast and decided to be at Choseley really early. I hung around for a bit and birds noted were Woodpigeon, Red-legged Partridge, Chaffinch, Yellowhammer, Skylark, Wren, Common Whitethroat, Goldfinch, Dunnock, Blue Tit, Pied Wagtail, Black Headed Gull and Pheasant.

Titchwell RSPB.


Down the road a little and I was at Titchwell RSPB reserve. I really enjoy coming here and was on site for about 07.00 and I was the only one in the car park!! In fact I was on site until about 09.30 before I saw anyone else around, amazing. Birds noted were Woodpigeon, Chaffinch, Avocet, Pheasant, Wren, Robin, Blackbird, Chiffchaff, Long-tailed Tit, Jay, Blue Tit, Collared Dove, Dunnock, Black Headed Gull, Reed Warbler, Redshank, Swift, Swallow, Mute Swan, Mallard, Gadwall, Shoveler, Little Grebe, Sedge Warbler, Canada Geese, Coot, Canada Geese, Pochard, Tufed Duck, Marsh Harrier, Linnet, Brent Geese, Black-tailed Godwit, Reed Bunting, Pied Wagtail, Herring Gull, Shelduck, Oystercatcher, Common Tern, Starling, Carrion Crow, Great Tit, Moorhen, Skylark, House Martin, Lesser Black-backed Gull, Ringed Plover, Wigeon, Lapwing, Dunlin, Greenshank, Sand Martin, Curlew Sandpiper, Turnstone, Little Egret, Curlew, Knot, Sanderling, Cormorant, Common Scoter, Sandwich Tern, Little Tern, Fulmar, Yellow Wagtail, Blackcap, Grey Heron, Great Crested Grebe, Goldfinch, Greenfinch, Cettis Warbler, Stock Dove, Jackdaw, magpie, Red-crested Pochard, Pintail, Kestrel and Eider. Bucket loads of birds and great fun.



Cley NR.


It was mid afternoon by the time I got to Cley, payed up then headed off to the hides before doing the east bank. Birds noted were Jackdaw, Black Headed Gull, Dunnock, Swift, Woodpigeon, Oystercatcher, Sedge Warbler, Starling, Collared Dove, Carrion Crow, Chaffinch, Greylag Geese, Mallard, Pheasant, Little Egret, House Sparrow, Swallow, Marsh Harrier, Lapwing, Mute Swan, Reed Bunting, Sand Martin, Gadwall, Reed Warbler, Shelduck, Avocet, Great Black-backed Gull, Greenshank, Redshank, Lesser Black-backed Gull, Little Stint, Ringed Plover, Dunlin, Moorhen, Skylark, Goldfinch, Little Ringed Plover, Little Gull, Coot, Common Gull, House Martin, Cormorant, Grey Heron, Great Tit, Linnet, Common Sandpiper, Blue Tit, magpie, Wren, Tufted Duck, Hobby, Curlew, Bearded Tit, Whinchat and a cracking male it was too, Sandwich Tern, Knot, Fulmar, Meadow Pipit, Blackcap, Greenfinch, Spoonbill and Knot. Another great session here. I was in the small hide on Pats Pool (sorry, dont know the name of the hide) at about 18.30 when I wondered if there was a time I needed to be off the reserve. I popped out the door and my car was the only one in the car park. Ooops, would I be locked in?? It was too late so I went back in the hide and carried on. Five minutes later a chap came in, no gates are on the car park. I asked where everyone was and he said "proberbly sitting at home next to their pagers". I was quite amazed, one of if not the best reserves in the country and void of birders by 18.00!!! I hung around for a while more before heading off.

No comments:

Post a Comment