Monday 30 May 2011

30-5-11, Wet yet Wonderful.

After a great afternoon and evening out in Lichfield on the beer I was going to use Monday to catch up with blogs and other birding stuff. That was until I woke up, had a look at birdguides (pager is not working right at the moment) and noticed a Lesser Yellowlegs had been found at Uttoxeter gravel pits, a site I have never been to. There was no way I could drive in the morning so I caught up with this blog the about 12.30 I headed off to the quarry. I parked up, was given directions on where the footpath was and soon I was on site with a few other birders with the rain gently falling. Birds noted were Sand Martin, Shelduck, Mallard, Common Tern, Black Headed Gull, Little Ringed Plover, Ringed Plover, Lesser Yellowlegs, Wren, Chiffchaff, Goosander, Mute Swan, Goldfinch and Song Thrush. A cracking bird, well worth getting a bit wet for.

No comments:

Post a Comment