Tuesday 12 April 2011

11-4-11, Croxall GP.

Onto Croxall and the weather was looking more and more dodgy but I carried on up to the main hide. Birds noted were Canada Geese, Chaffinch, Mute Swan, Carrion Crow, Magpie, Woodpigeon, Moorhen, Coot, Chiffchaff, Great Tit, Great Crested Grebe, Oystercatcher, Mallard, Blackbird, Goldfinch, Blue Tit, Black-headed Gull, Lapwing, Sand Martin, Little-ringed Plover, Shelduck, Shoveler, Gadwall, Ringed Plover, Teal, Tufted Duck, Pochard and Mute Swan. Whilst in the hide there were a few sprinkles of rain but it was not too bad so I headed under the train line into the east side and I added 4 Wheatear which were perching nicely along the fence posts, Rook, Meadow Pipit, Jackdaw and Stock Dove. It was at the furthest point that it started to rain heavily so I took shelter in the hide for about half an hour before it cleared up but during that time there was not much to see. Not sure what has changed here as I used to sit in this hide for hours watching plenty of bird. The large fire patch and disgarded barbeque twenty yards in front of the hide showed peoples disregard for this site and another reason why I dont come here much any more. Back to the car and on the way back I added Dunnock, Willow Warbler and Long-tailed Tit. A pleasant visit, even in the rain.

No comments:

Post a Comment