Saturday 23 April 2011

22-4-11, Croxall GP

Whilst at Whitemoor Haye I was approached by a chap I have met on many occasions. He told me he thought he had seen a Ring Ouzel from the hide. He was not sure and its not an impossiblity. One was seen around Catholme a couple of years earlier. He was not confident on his identification and as I didn't really know him I couldn't put it on Rare Bird Alert. He then said he had been watching a Grasshopper Warbler for an hour and a half. Aaaargh, all the way to Belvide and theres a Gropper five minutes down the road. I had to go for myself. It was from the car park, hunt for the Gropper, up to the main hide to hunt Ring Ouzel and then the east side before home. Birds noted were Canada Geese, Coot, Sedge Warbler, Chiffchaff, Carrion Crow, Willow Warbler, Great Crested Grebe, Blackcap, Black-headed Gull, Oystercatcher, Blackbird, Grasshopper Warbler, Song Thrush, Little Ringed Plover, Great Spotted Woodpecker, Common Tern, Lapwing, Mute Swan, Tufted Duck, Shelduck, Teal, Dunnock, Mallard, Ringed Plover, Common Sandpiper, Redshank, Sand Martin, Chaffinch, Woodpigeon, Green Woodpecker, Grey Heron, Rook, Starling, Cormorant, Great Tit, Pheasant and Gadwall. Cracking views of the Gropper but no sign of the Ring Ouzel. A Blackbird maybe!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment