Monday 25 April 2011

24-4-11, Alrewas GP.

Today I was a recovering alcoholic...............think Ive heard this somewhere before. I decided to do my usual gravel pit walk and see what was about. First site was just up the A38. I had a good long walk around here, going into corners I had never been in before. Birds noted were Swallow, Magpie, Woodpigeon, Chiffchaff, Sedge Warbler, Great Crested Grebe, Mute Swan, Reed Bunting, Coot, Tufted Duck, Blackbird, Mallard, Canada Geese, Wren, Lesser Black-backed Gull, Robin, Starling, House Sparrow, Moorhen, Linnet, Long-tailed Tit, Black-headed Gull, stock Dove, Skylark, Blue Tit, Common Whitethroat, Dunnock, Grey Heron, Sand Martin, Cormorant, Willow Warbler, Song Thrush, Great Tit, Blackcap, Pied Wagtail, Greenfinch, Bullfinch, Common Sandpiper, Oystercatcher and Lapwing. A great list for this little site.

24-4-11, National Arboretum.

I am sure you know the story now, leave Alrewas pits and head through the arboretum to check out Junction Pit. I was not too fussed about birding around the arboretum but couldnt help looking out whilst walking through and had a nice bonus as I did. Birds noted were Willow Warbler, Woodpigeon, Great Tit, Wren, Carrion Crow, Magpie, Cuckoo, Blue Tit, Pheasant, Oystercatcher, Grey Heron, Sand Martin, Swallow, Common Tern, Goldfinch, Chaffinch, Black-headed Gull, Chiffchaff, Common Whitethroat and Bullfinch. The two Cuckoo's were a nice suprise and one flew really close to me but I did not have mny camera with me. Typical.

24-4-11, Junction Pit.

A quick look on this sorry pit and birds noted were Willow Warbler, Chaffinch, Reed Warbler, Black-headed Gull, Linnet, Swallow, Sedge Warbler, Mute Swan, mallard, Canada Geese, Greylag Geese, Common Tern, Great Crested Grebe, Coot and Greenfinch.

24-4-11, Whitemoor Haye.

By now I was getting a bit knackered but I soldiered on towards Whitemoor Haye. Entering the road I noted Carrion Crow, Woodpigeon, Willow Warbler, Bullfinch, Skylark, Linnet, Yellowhammer, Chiffchaff and Wren. At the quarry pool I noted Lapwing, Mute Swan, Mallard, Tufted Duck, Little Ringed Plover, Carrion Crow, Robin, Great Crested Grebe, Blackcap, Black-headed Gull, Gadwall, Greenshank, Oystercatcher, Scaup and Magpie. On to the lanes before headeing home and I added Starling, Tree Sparrow, Mistle Thrush, Pied Wagtail, Common Whitethroat, Meadow Pipit, Reed Bunting, Yellow Wagtail, Chaffinch, Blue Tit, Goldfinch, Stock Dove, Grey Heron, Corn Bunting, Linnet, Grey Partridge and Buzzard. That was me done in and the dog well and truely walked.

No comments:

Post a Comment