Wednesday 6 April 2011

3-4-11, Back Garden.

After a week at work and a good Saturday night out I decided to have a chill out day and plod around at home. Whilst I was carrying out some jobs outside I did a bit of birding. Birds noted were Woodpigeon, Collared Dove, Blackbird, House Sparrow, Greenfinch, Dunnock, Blue Tit, and Great Tit. I also had Cormorant, Mute Swan and Black-headed Gull flying over. But that was not it. Whilst I was eating breakfast I looked at the niger seeds and a small brown bird was on them. It looked a different than a House Sparrow so I grabbed my mothers bins and there was a Lesser Redpoll having its brecky. Superb, a cracking garden tick. It did have a fair bit of white on the flanks and belly and I did try to turn it into a Mealy Redpoll but eventually settled for lesser when it flew off before I could get a photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment