Saturday 23 April 2011

23-4-11, Croxall GP

This morning I was a recovering alcoholic and was thinking about getting up when the phone went. It was Mr Blurred Birder, Ring Ouzel at Croxall. I was there in fifteen minutes and thinking about possibly doubting the chap yesterday. Ouch. I headed up to the hide to meet Mr Yapp and Graham Manton (apologies if name is mis-spelt or wrong) and within another fifteen minutes had seen the Ring Ouzel. Check the photos on Blurred Birder, I was to slow to get a record shot of it. Other birds noted were Sedge Warbler, Long-tailed Tit, Willow Warbler, Canada Geese, Mallard, Woodpigeon, Chiffchaff, Moorhen, Carrion Crow, Blackbird, Common Whitethroat, Dunnock, Common Tern, Black-headed Gull, Teal, Lapwing, Magpie, Great Crested Grebe, Tufted Duck, Sand Martin, Greylag Geese, Reed Bunting, Chaffinch, Common Sandpiper, Great Tit, Kingfisher, Little Ringed Plover, Shelduck, Mute Swan, Ringed Plover, Coot, Cormorant, Rook, Green Woodpecker, Blackcap, Oystercatcher, Dunnock, Grasshopper Warbler and Blue Tit. A great site and year tick in the form of the Ring Ouzel and fortunately a few other people have managed to see it since.

After heading home for a couple of hours an ex work mate of mine was trying to find the Ring Ouzel so I headed back down, found him and also Eric Clare but we couldnt find the Ring Ouzel. I added Redshank, Shoveler, Pheasant and Grey Heron. I also managed to find a Garden Warbler as I was walking back to the car.

No comments:

Post a Comment